Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy NY and some December FOs

So I've been working on a very large custom order the last few months, but in between that, I've also been working on projects to stock Cherry Blossom Knits. I did, however, manage to complete some gifts in December.

What? What is that, you say? Kiela completed a project? Really?

I say, Really. I did. Two, in fact, and I'm very pleased with both of them.

This is a sweater based on the Child's Placket Sweater. I loved the first pattern so much, that I decided to go ahead and do it again. This sweater had to be knit out of this particular yarn (WWBN BFL) because the mother of the recipient hand picked those colors for Brad to custom dye. At the time, I had no idea I was going to be doing a sweater. In fact, I thought it would be soaker pants, but alas, he grew and I never got them finished. So, my guilt of not finishing the pants before he outgrew them has been replaced with happiness for the sweater.




Then we have, a basic Fan and Feather scarf.



This scarf was a free handout from my LYS. I saw the sample knit up on the wall and knew it was absolutely perfect for my secret santa recipient. Two days later, that puppy was knit, blocked, and drying.

Ahhh... the sweet smell of... what is that? Oh yeah, completion.

2 comments:

Karrie said...

Wow, Kiela. Your knitting is beautiful as always.

Mama Lizard said...

Those are beautiful! I adore the sweater...if only it weren't too hot to wear them here.